Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Holiday!

Today (November 22, 2013), we had a short talk on a phone with the zoo people whom we will be working with from San Diego. They are a group of very vibrant and intelligent people even without seeing their faces. Although most of the time I was listening to the conversation as there was a lot to digest, I was nonetheless very excited for this project! After several follow-ups emails, my goal was narrowed down to a single, clear task: What is the divergence time for these avium micrbacterium strains?

Dr. Miller and I looking at data on our computer. Most of our work can be achieved by computer programs, so no fancy gears or species to show B-)


We won't be meeting next Friday because it's Thanksgiving break (Black Friday shopping!!)! Happy Holiday everyone!:)

2 comments:

  1. I love your picture. You two look like serious academics, discussing an interesting project. The DNA bases on the board and the smiles on your faces make it a great scene. Thanks for making it a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy. Great picture! I love how thorough you are in your blog posts. Are there other groups working on the divergence time for the avian microbacterium strains? I was just curious how you will evaluate your results once you are finished. Is there a way to statistically analyze the results of your method? It's amazing how much science is done using just computers now. Perhaps at one of our meetings you can show me the program in person. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete